The health and safety of our children, families and staff are our top priority. To help protect our community, we have put the following in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Temperature checks 2x/day
- Constant monitoring of symptoms
- Limited parents/visitors allowed inside building
- Staff and parents required to wear masks
- Consistent teachers in each class
- Classes stay separate
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting
- Up to date on Public Health alerts
SPCDC uses a child care app to communicate with parents, securely complete check in and out, and send pictures, videos, and important updates throughout the day. This enables parents and teachers to maintain open communication and contributes to the strong sense of community at our school.
Volunteer hours can take shape in many different ways. For example, by becoming a Board Member, helping with projects around the school such as gardening or painting, or simply grabbing coffee for the teachers. Having parents play an active role in our school helps to create a sense of community and responsibility that translates to our children learning to be empathetic, active members of our community.